Well, what can I say, this has been quite an experience thus far.
Arrived Tuesday a.m. @ 5:30 in HK. We jumped into a Toyota "limo" van that brought us into the city. I would describe HK as a tropical NYC. We arrived at our "pigeon hole" which the locals call the apartments here. Our "ph" is on the 22nd floor and is very nice and new. We have awesome views of the harbor to the north and the mountains to the south. The weather has been sunny and VERY hot/humid. I have walked 40+ miles since I have arrived here. The people are very friendly and helpful when they understand you which is usually the case. The food markets here are very different here, chunks of meat hanging in the open air and dried fish meat everywhere. These markets REEK! We have been trying to eat at locations that are familiar to us. Today (Sunday the 6th) we are jumping on the ferry and floating north to Kowloon.
3 comments:
Make sure you try every alcoholic drink that contains a dead reptile in the bottle. The locals will most likely tell you that it will make you more "potent". And as far as the markets go, make sure you try one of everything, especially if it's still moving.
HAVE FUN!!
-Blue
How fun that you have created a blog. I will check back often for "updates" of your adventure in HKG.
kbg from San Carlos
Has anyone told you guys Jennifer Westrich got married? Just thought I would keep you up on the gossip!
Post a Comment